- Meal Type:
- Main Meal
- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 1 hour
One dish meals are so simple when you are in a hurry, and they are also a breeze to clean up. This chicken and couscous is sure to be a family favourite.
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, skinless
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 400g can Wattie’s Chickpeas in Spring Water, drained
- 1 cup instant couscous
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Unsweetened Greek style yogurt to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Make a few cuts in the chicken flesh.
- Mix together ginger, garlic, coriander, paprika, cumin seeds and oil to make a paste. Rub the paste over the surface of the chicken. Place chicken in an casserole dish. Add chopped onion. Pour over chicken stock. Add apricots and Wattie’s Chickpeas. Cover
- Place casserole in the oven and cook for 1 hour. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the couscous over the chicken and stir into the sauce. Cover. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the couscous to absorb the sauce.
Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves and a spoonful of unsweetend Greek style yoghurt if desired.
Rich and delicious, this take on chocolate mousse is so decadent you probably wouldn't know of it's secret ingredient unless you were told. Avocado makes this healthy alternative one you won't forget.