- Meal Type:
- Prep Time:
- 30 minutes
Only got one pan? No problem! This is a one dish tomato pasta meal!
- 1 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 carrot
- Handful of spinach
- 400g can tomatoes
- Some water
- 2 tbs oil
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- Large handful spaghetti or fettucine (broken)
- Grated cheese to top
- Chopped parsley
1. Finely chop the onion.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and slowly cook onions, carrots and celery till soft and pale.
3. Add the 400g can of tomatoes, 1 can of water, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and spinach.
4. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar.
5. Add a large handful of spaghetti or fettuccine broken into short lengths.
6. Cook stirring occasionally until the spaghetti is soft - 10-12 minutes.
7. Serve topped with grated cheese and chopped parsley or basil.