- Meal Type:
- Claire Aldous for Dish Magazine
A fresh, vibrant and healthy dish using pristine white fish with just a touch of green chilli – the perfect warm-weather appetiser.
- 400 grams firm white fish (I used snapper but use whatever is freshest on day)
- ⅓ cup lime juice (about 3–4 limes)
- juice 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 vine tomatoes, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- fresh coriander
- sea salt and ground pepper
Trim any bloodline from the fish, then thinly slice on an angle.
Combine the lime and orange juice, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add the fish and red onion and turn to coat in the juice.
Set aside for 10 minutes for a light cure or leave for longer if you prefer the fish to be more “cooked”.
If doing individual servings, lift the fish and onions out of the marinade and place on serving plates or transfer to a large shallow dish. Spoon over a couple of tablespoons of the marinade.
Top with the tomatoes, chilli and coriander, then a good grinding of salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips for scooping up the ceviche.
- Claire Aldous for Dish Magazine,
- Josh Griggs