- Meal Type:
- Makes 12
- Claire Aldous for Dish Magazine
These moreish little bites with their centre of molten cheese and crispy bacon can be made up well ahead of time then just roasted off when needed. A quick and very popular canapé.
- 12 slices streaky bacon
- 12 large fresh sage leaves
- 275-gram jar chargrilled artichokes (I used Delmaine)
- 12 pieces brie cheese, about 2cm square
Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
Place a strip of bacon on the bench and place a sage leaf at one end. Top with a piece of artichoke then a piece of cheese, then another piece of artichoke.
Roll up in the bacon then brush lightly with maple syrup and a grind of pepper.
Place seam-side down on a lined baking tray and cook for 6 minutes then turn over and cook until golden and crispy in places.
- Claire Aldous for Dish Magazine,
- Josh Griggs