- Meal Type:
- Prep Time:
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 20 cake pops
- Annie Bastow
Cake Pops are like a cake lollipop, colourful and fun to serve at parties. Save time by using a store-bought cake to make these bright bites.
Decorating time: 45 minutes
- 400-g piece ready-made Madeira or lemon cake
- 1½ cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1-2 tbsp hot water
- 2 cups milk or dark chocolate melts (Decoration)
- Sprinkles and silver cachous (Decoration)
- 20 lollipop sticks (Decoration)
- Crumble the cake into a medium bowl.
- Sift the icing sugar into a separate bowl. Beat in the softened butter and hot water until you achieve a smooth icing.
- Fold into the cake crumbs and shape the mixture into 20 balls. Chill for at least one hour or until firm.
- Gently melt the chocolate adding a little canola oil if too thick to dip the ‘pops’ into.
- Dip the end of the lollipop sticks into the chocolate and then push into the pops. Leave for at least 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate, roll to coat then decorate with sprinkles or lollies of your choice. Leave to stand upright in a tall glass to set completely.
The dipping chocolate in the bowl will need to be melted again after 10 minutes.
- Annie Bastow,
- Manja Wachsmuth
- 15 Jul 2013
This is real comfort food for colder nights.
- New World
A really simple bread and butter pudding recipe, ideal for those winter nights.